Monday, February 18, 2013

Choreg


 yup, choreg. It's one of those foods that brings back memories of growing up. That great tasting Armenian bread, roll, bun or what ever you'd like to call it.  My friends who grew up with me might remember eating it at my house after school.  My Mom is still getting around these days, and she still makes choreg every few weeks or so.
two trays on deck

 About two years ago she reminded me that she won't be around forever and if I wanted to continue enjoying it I'd better learn to make it.

  So, I sat and watched her make a batch one day from start to finish, something I never cared to do as a kid. I'm a few years and many batches under my belt now and I gotta say they taste exactly like my Mom's.  I shape them different than she does, she makes them into the shape of a sticky bun where as I give them the rope twist. I just made a batch of six dozen the other day.

  I've learned many skills from my Father that bring back memories of him all the time, this is one that I learned from my Mom that I can reminisce about every time I make these awesome choreg.
Thanks Mom!
fresh tray just out of the oven

Batch done

No comments:

Post a Comment