Friday, February 15, 2013

Linkert Love

 I've been looking at the linkert carb for the '56' panhead sitting in a cardboard box on my mudroom floor for over two weeks now.  That's not a bad thing really, because if you know me you know that I think the linkert carb is one of the coolest things about an old Harley. I have a few in my collection and more Linkert parts than I can count, but that's the way I like it. 

 Since it warmed up nice today (around 50 degrees) I bought it back out to my shop and tore it down, then soaked and cleaned the parts. A few hours later it was rebuilt and ready to bolt up to the intake manifold again.

                                                                   needing a rebuild











                                                         ready to bolt up to the engine



The Linkert is once again mounted to the engine it lived on over 35 years ago


No comments:

Post a Comment